Re-Posted from The Cannabis Life Network
Because it’s the year 2020, it’s technically 420 for the entire month of April. Unfortunately, this blessed time is coming to us in the middle of a pandemic. Six months ago, stoners everywhere were looking forward to an epic 420! Now, we all have to stay at home, so, at home, we shall party. This year, it’s going to be different but you can still have an awesome time. Here is the stoners guide to a 420 self-isolation party!
The key to making this happen is pre-planning. It’s going to get you feeling excited about 420 and what you’re doing, but more importantly, it’s going to be critical for execution. These days, you can’t just go to any store to pick up whatever you need. So, if you have a good idea, get everything you need to make it happen ahead of time. Do yourself a favor and don’t leave planning to the last minute!
420 celebrations are a lot of fun but it’s not hard to spend money, especially on munchies. For people with dietary issues, eating out on a day where the town is packed with stoners, can get quite challenging. Many people pack snacks or just deal with it. This year, it’s all about the munchies! Just think, you can have access to a fridge, freezer and your full pantry. To make the most of your 420 munchies:
- Plan your menu ahead of time. That way, you can pick up anything needed as you grab other essentials and avoid any unnecessary trips out.
- Consider food pairing to maximize your cannabis experience. For example, if you take cannabis oil orally, consider putting it on a plate, add some balsamic vinegar and dip bread in it!
- Don’t forget about drinks! You are going to get the pasties at some point in time so be prepared with something yummy.
Clean the house and set the stage
The atmosphere is going to be everything and the last thing you want to do on 420 is tidy your house. If you smoke the wrong sativa and leave the laundry out, it’s going to affect your relaxation. But, if you take the time to clean your space and set it up, you can make it feel like more than just your living room. Pillows and blankets are a necessity, especially if you need to open doors and windows; If you are able, wash them ahead of time so that everything smells and feels fresh.
Create a playlist
Music sets the vibe and it is crucial during a 420 party. A good song can turn a smoking session into an amazing memory, so, keep that in mind when you’re making your playlist. Plus, you’ll be able to reuse that playlist whenever you need some good tunes. A few things to consider:
- What is going to produce the best sound for you? At home, you have more options available so pick the best player.
- Pick music that you actually like, not music that you feel like you should listen to. If you want to spend your 420 getting silly baked and listening to Spice Girls, do so with joy and prep it now.
Clean and prepare all of your equipment
One serious consideration for a 420 celebration is the equipment to use. Do you have a really beautiful piece of glass that is too fragile to bring out in public? If so, April 20th is its day to shine!
Figure out what you’re going to smoke out of and make sure you are ready to go. Clean anything that you would like to smoke out of and consider trying it ahead of time. It’s no fun to run out of butane at 4:10pm. How is your supply of:
- Rolling papers
- Fire (lighters, matches etc)
- Ready and available equipment – bongs, torches etc
Morning of 420
Get dressed up
Today is like the Christmas of cannabis so put on your best. Even if you’re not the type to dress up at all, we have all been indoors getting way too much pajama time. This is a celebration so put in the effort! If you do, it’s going to make your 420 feel a bit more special than the average day.
To pre-bake or not to prebake?
Deciding whether to partake in pot ahead of time that day, is a personal decision. Medical users don’t have that choice and there are pros and cons to each approach. Having your first toke at 4:20 is all about making you notice how ripped you are. Plus, it will conserve your supply. For those of us who will not or cannot wait, let the party start the moment you wake up. No matter what you choose to do, the moment that cannabis touches your lips, 420 has begun.
Charge all devices and do a run-through
Keep your phone and any technical equipment charged, primed and ready to go. Social media is keeping us connected and that’s how you are going to chill with your buddies. There are a number of different online conference video chat services, so, take advantage of them to smoke with your friends!
420 Vancouver, live-action style!
We all have to adapt with the times and British Columbia is doing a great job of staying inside. Recognizing the seriousness of the situation, 420 celebrations were cancelled weeks ago. But, to deal with the challenge, the cannabis community has turned to technology. This year, tune in and bring 420 Vancouver to your living room!
For the first time ever, the party is online, so everyone can make it. On top of the blunts and bong rips, see clips from past 420’s, music and more! This year, 420 Vancouver will be hosted by The Cannabis Life Network, Pot TV and Studio710 and feature a number of cannabis activists… because after all, when it comes to ‘safety meetings’, they have a lot of experience.
- The celebration begins at ‘high noon’ (11:50am Pacific or 4:20pm Newfoundland Daylight Time)
- Tune in through facebook or youtube
4:20pm has long passed and hopefully, you are baked out of your mind. Now, it’s time to use this buzz and make some serious memories. Kick it up a notch and do something silly. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Stage a photo area to create your own personal cannabis portraits
- Build a fort and smoke weed in it
- Hawaiian hotbox your bathroom – wear your bathing suits, light candles and crank tunes *bonus points for wearing life jackets and snorkeling equipment
- Duel – if you live with someone who smokes weed, challenge them to a formal cannabis duel. Name the terms and demand satisfaction! Declare that you can take a longer hoot, line up back to back, take two paces, turn and toke!